We hope you and yours are continuing to stay well during the novel coronavirus pandemic. As North Carolina begins relaxing restrictions on businesses, we are now able resume offering elective surgical procedures and preventive/wellness services for our patients as of Monday May 11th. We will begin this transition by scheduling wellness appointments for patients with overdue items first, giving them priority over those whose items have not yet come due. We will also continue to give scheduling priority to those patients with urgent needs.
Curb-side service will continue to be utilized to minimize risk to our staff and clients at this time. As curb-side services take considerably more time per patient, our schedule availability will continue to be somewhat limited. Your continued patience as we adapt our scheduling procedures to accommodate these recent changes is greatly appreciated.
In an effort to safely provide services to our patients and clients during this unprecedented time, CPVC will be utilizing a curb-side service model for the immediate future. Our hope is that these measures will enable us to provide care for our patients throughout the length of the COVID-19 pandemic while keeping our staff safe, healthy, and able to serve our community.
- Staff Only- During this time only staff members and patients will be allowed into the building.
- Reserved Parking- We have designated four parking spots directly in front of the clinic for use by our clients only. Please call our front desk when you arrive: 919-929-0031.
- Pet Safety- In order to ensure your pet’s safety, all patients are required to be on leash with a properly fitting collar/harness or inside a secure carrier.
- Pet Transport- A technician will escort your pet into the building for care as you wait. We ask that, after contacting the front desk, you remove your pet from the vehicle and meet us outside near the front doors. The technician will then place our leashes onto dog patients and ask you to remove and keep your leash with you. For cat patients, you may simply set down your carrier for the technician to pick-up. We ask that you try to maintain social distancing during this hand-off to the best of your ability. After your pet’s appointment, a technician will bring them back outside to you.
- Communication- Communication with doctors and staff will occur primarily via telephone. Upon arrival, a staff member will discuss your pets’ needs with you over the phone before transporting the pet inside. Technicians and doctors may also call you with questions, exam findings, and recommendations during your pet’s appointment. Please have your cell phone with you and available. Our phone numbers may look unfamiliar or unlisted, but please remember to promptly answer any incoming calls while your pet is in our care. Summaries, or “report cards,” of your pet’s visit will be emailed to you following the visit.
- Payment- Payment for services and products will be taken over the phone and your receipt and any additional documents will be emailed to you. We encourage payment with credit/debit cards if at all possible.
- Prescription Refills and Food- Please call ahead and allow 48 hours’ advance notice. Payment will be taken over the phone and products brought out to your vehicle.
- Preventative Products- We are now offering FREE home shipping to clients for heartworm, flea, and tick prevention products! Call or email us with your order and we will mail it right out. Curb-side pick-up also available.
- Elective Grooming Services- We are unable to accommodate elective grooming services at this time. These services include nail trims, anal gland expressions, and baths.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during these uncertain times! If you have any questions about our current policies or special situations, please do not hesitate to call us:919-929-0031!