April 23, 2021
For the past year our day-to-day operations have been different because of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We are excited to announce that we now believe we are in a place to start a transition process to invite clients inside with their pets on a limited basis.
Starting on May 3rd we will start a transition schedule to have clients accompany their pets inside for examinations. Dr. Wheat will still be conducting her appointments curbside at this time. Please call the front desk when you arrive for your appointment and a technician will escort you and your pet inside. In order to ensure the continued safety of our staff and clients, we have developed the following policies for this transition period:
- To come into the clinic you must be properly wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth. If you are unable to wear a mask or remove it while inside we will have you wait outside using our current curbside protocols.
- Only ONE person will be allowed to accompany your pet in the building. If you need to bring your family with you, the appointment will be conducted curbside as we've been doing and we will have you wait in your vehicle.
- When scheduling your appointment, you will be given the option to accompany your pet inside to the exam room or to remain inside your vehicle throughout the appointment.
- We will check your temperature prior to coming inside the building. If your temperature is increased, the appointment will be done curbside and we will have you wait in your vehicle.
- Please help us practice safe social distancing by 'sitting and staying' during your time in the examination room. You will be directed to the front desk to be checked out with a receptionist.
- Technician appointments and product pickups will still remain curbside during this transition period.
- If you or a family member has been sick within two weeks of your appointment we ask that you let us know and your appointment will be conducted curbside.
If you have any questions about this change please let us know. We are excited to safely welcome you back inside!
Sincerely, Dr. Sheri Randell
We hope you and yours are continuing to stay well during the novel coronavirus pandemic. As North Carolina begins relaxing restrictions on businesses, we are now able resume offering elective surgical procedures and preventive/wellness services for our patients as of Monday May 11th. We will begin this transition by scheduling wellness appointments for patients with overdue items first, giving them priority over those whose items have not yet come due. We will also continue to give scheduling priority to those patients with urgent needs.
Curb-side service will continue to be utilized to minimize risk to our staff and clients at this time. As curb-side services take considerably more time per patient, our schedule availability will continue to be somewhat limited. Your continued patience as we adapt our scheduling procedures to accommodate these recent changes is greatly appreciated.
In an effort to safely provide services to our patients and clients during this unprecedented time, CPVC will be utilizing a curb-side service model for the immediate future. Our hope is that these measures will enable us to provide care for our patients throughout the length of the COVID-19 pandemic while keeping our staff safe, healthy, and able to serve our community.
- Staff Only- During this time only staff members and patients will be allowed into the building.
- Reserved Parking- We have designated four parking spots directly in front of the clinic for use by our clients only. Please call our front desk when you arrive: 919-929-0031.
- Pet Safety- In order to ensure your pet’s safety, all patients are required to be on leash with a properly fitting collar/harness or inside a secure carrier.
- Pet Transport- A technician will escort your pet into the building for care as you wait. We ask that, after contacting the front desk, you remove your pet from the vehicle and meet us outside near the front doors. The technician will then place our leashes onto dog patients and ask you to remove and keep your leash with you. For cat patients, you may simply set down your carrier for the technician to pick-up. We ask that you try to maintain social distancing during this hand-off to the best of your ability. After your pet’s appointment, a technician will bring them back outside to you.
- Communication- Communication with doctors and staff will occur primarily via telephone. Upon arrival, a staff member will discuss your pets’ needs with you over the phone before transporting the pet inside. Technicians and doctors may also call you with questions, exam findings, and recommendations during your pet’s appointment. Please have your cell phone with you and available. Our phone numbers may look unfamiliar or unlisted, but please remember to promptly answer any incoming calls while your pet is in our care. Summaries, or “report cards,” of your pet’s visit will be emailed to you following the visit.
- Payment- Payment for services and products will be taken over the phone and your receipt and any additional documents will be emailed to you. We encourage payment with credit/debit cards if at all possible.
- Prescription Refills and Food- Please call ahead and allow 48 hours’ advance notice. Payment will be taken over the phone and products brought out to your vehicle.
- Preventative Products- We are now offering FREE home shipping to clients for heartworm, flea, and tick prevention products! Call or email us with your order and we will mail it right out. Curb-side pick-up also available.
- Elective Grooming Services- We are unable to accommodate elective grooming services at this time. These services include nail trims, anal gland expressions, and baths.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during these uncertain times! If you have any questions about our current policies or special situations, please do not hesitate to call us:919-929-0031!