3/20/2020 12:30 pm
Effective immediately we will no longer be able to allow clients to come inside the building. Our goal is to continue to meet the needs of our patients throughout the length of the COVID-19 pandemic while keeping our staff safe, healthy, and able to serve our community. We appreciate your patience as we work to develop our protocols during this uncertain and difficult time.
- If your pet has an appointment. Upon arrival, please call us at 919-929-0031 to check-in for your appointment. We have designated four parking spots directly in front of the clinic for use by our clients only. A staff member will then either call to discuss your pets’ needs or come talk to you in your vehicle/outside from a safe distance. All pets will be required to be on leash with a properly fitting collar/harness or secure carrier. A technician will then escort your pet into the building for care as you wait. The veterinarian will complete any needed exams or treatments and contact you to discuss their findings and recommendations. Payment for services will be completed over the phone or via a mobile credit/debit card reader. We encourage payment with credit/debit cards if at all possible.
- If your pet is sick or needs a Rabies vaccination. We will make every effort to accommodate seeing our patients in a timely manner if they have an urgent need.
- If your pet is due for routine or preventative care. Currently, we will continue to provide preventative services to our patients as our schedule allows. We may have less availability for these types of appointments in order to accommodate more urgent visits; please be patient as we adapt our scheduling procedures.
- If your pet needs a refill of medication or food. We have designated four parking spots directly in front of the clinic for our clients. Please call ahead and allow 48 hours advance notice. When you arrive for pick-up, please call us 919-929-0031. Payment will be taken over the phone and products brought out to your vehicle.
- If your pet needs elective services. We are unable to accommodate elective services at this time. These services include nail trims, anal gland expressions, and baths.
If you have any questions about our current policies or special situations, please do not hesitate to call us! Please visit our website for the most current information at carrboroplazavet.com. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
3/20/2020 9:00 am
As of this morning WE WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO ALLOW CLIENTS INSIDE THE BUILDING. Please CALL US when you arrive 919-929-0031 or WAIT OUTSIDE to speak to a staff member to address the needs of your pets. This is a work in progress with more details to follow. We appreciate your patience at this time.
Our goals is to continue to meet the needs of our patients while keeping our staff safe and able to serve.
Carrboro Plaza Veterinary Clinic is open for our patients during our regularly scheduled hours. The safety of you, your pets, and our staff is of the utmost importance. We plan to continue to serve you with the same level of care while making a few modifications for everyone’s safety.
As an AAHA accredited hospital, we already adhere to the strictest cleaning and disinfection guidelines. We are adding additional steps to include frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas and shared spaces. You may experience some increase in waiting times to allow for disinfection in between patients; we thank you in advance for your understanding. Staff members will not be permitted to come to work if they have a fever or feel ill in any way.
- If you or a household member are sick, have traveled in the last 30 days, or are under quarantine, please DO NOT come into the office. Please call us and we will help arrange for the care of your pets.
- If you are not comfortable bringing your pet in for an already scheduled routine appointment, please call and we will be happy to help you reschedule.
- When arriving for a scheduled appointment, please call from your vehicle for check-in if the waiting area seems crowded and we can direct you and your pet straight into an exam room as soon as one is available.
- Please minimize the number of people accompanying a pet to an appointment to as few as possible to allow for the optimization of “social distancing”.
- For medication purchases and refills, please call 48 hours in advance. We can arrange to have products brought to your vehicle as needed.
- If your pet is on a prescription diet, home delivery can be set-up via our online store Vetsource. Please call and we can help set this up for you.
There is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets become ill with COVID-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people. You can continue to interact with your pet as you normally would, including walking, feeding, and playing while continuing to practice good hygiene during those interactions.
By following these guidelines, we hope to keep everyone healthy so that we may continue to be of service to our patients and the community as we have for the last 30 years. Please call us at 919-929-0031 or visit our website carrboroplazavet.com for the most updated information.
The entire Carrboro Plaza Veterinary Clinic family