Pet Loss and Grief Support Resources
ASPCA Pet Loss Hotline
Pet parents can receive help from the ASPCA Pet Loss Support program with the following issues:
- Assistance with the decision to euthanize.
- Comfort and support at the time of euthanasia.Help with grieving the loss.
- Advice on dealing with children, the elderly or disabled individuals who are facing a death of a companion animal.
- Helping the surviving animals in the household to cope.
- Assistance in establishing a relationship with a new pet.
NCSU Veterinary Health Complex- Client Counseling and Grief Support
919-513-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The NCSU Veterinary Health Complex offers free phone crisis/pet loss counseling for community members, as well as a bereavement group. The clinical counselor is a licensed clinical social worker whose specialties include human-animal relationships, traumatic loss, and grief counseling.
SPCA of Wake County Pet Loss Support Group
Contact Vanessa Budnick, Humane Educator
919-532-2087 or vbudnick @ spcawake.org
The SPCA Pet Loss Support Group welcomes anyone grieving the loss of a pet, regardless of when your pet passed away or where you are in the grieving process. It is offered as a free service to the community.
North Carolina Pet Loss Resources
A Kid's Guide to Dealing with the Loss of a Pet
Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
Day By Day Pet Caregiver Support